Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gathered in the small settlement of Kirtland, just outside Cleveland, shortly after the Church was founded.
Between 1831 and 1838, Joseph Smith and early members of the Church established Church headquarters in Kirtland, built a temple, and laid a foundation of strength for the future.
The Historic Kirtland Visitors’ Center is one of many locations in Kirtland dedicated to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints history.
7800 Kirtland-Chardon Road Kirtland, Ohio 44094
440-256-9805 (Main) VCKirtland@ldschurch.org