On the corner of East 14th and Euclid is an Ohio Historical Marker commemorating the visit of `Abdu’l-Bahá to Cleveland in 1912.
In 1908, at the age of 64 and after forty years imprisonment, `Abdu’l-Bahá was freed by the Young Turks revolution and he and his family began to live in relative safety. His journeys to the West, and his “Tablets of the Divine Plan” spread the Bahá’í message beyond its middle-eastern roots, including this visit to Cleveland.
During his talks he proclaimed Bahá’í principles such as the unity of God, unity of the religions, oneness of humanity, equality of women and men, world peace and economic justice. He also insisted that all his meetings be open to all races.
The marker is on the Southwest corner of East 14th and Euclid Ave.